Hiring a new candidate is exciting for employers – often, it is a sign of growth and expansion, with new hires bringing in a wealth of knowledge and experience. Today, many candidates across Canada have some type of disability that impacts their ability to fully participate in the workplace. Creating an environment for success from the moment of recruitment can help ensure that your new employees will find lasting success while working with you. There are specific methods that can be used to help you create a diverse and inclusive workplace to stand out among competing employers. This course is designed to help employers create an environment for success.
In this course, you will learn about:
- Building a successful workplace culture where all employees are valued and included.
- Understand the difference between diversity and inclusion and learn how you can successfully apply both to your workplace.
- Plan office activities and socials that everybody can actively participate in while reaping the benefits of teamwork.
- Learn about how structural accommodations can be used to accommodate employees with disabilities to ensure lasting success and a feeling of inclusion.
- Understand the importance of Individual Accommodation Plans to help ensure all of your employees are set up for success.
- Learn how to categorize accommodations that may be needed for different phases including recruiting, hiring, orientation and role-specific tasks.
- Collaborating with candidates as subject matter experts to understand their specific accessibility needs.
SCIO’s Employment Services can help you build an inclusive workplace that is equipped to recruit, hire and accommodate employees with disabilities. Reach out today and find out how we can help you stand out as an inclusive employer.