Heart health can be a concern for those aging with an SCI. People living with an SCI are three times more likely to experience heart disease as people without an SCI. But there are things we can do to help keep our heart as healthy as possible, including eliminating bad heart habits and adopting good ones.
In this course you’ll learn about:
- Common risk factors of heart disease for people with and SCI.
- The challenges of identifying heart disease in people living with SCI.
- How to adopt dietary habits to help prevent heart disease as you age.
- Different types of exercise routines you can follow to help maintain a healthy heart.
- Lifestyle changes you can adopt to maintain good heart health.