AGING AND SCI – JOINTS AND MOBILITY
As we age with an SCI, taking care of our joints and overall physical mobility is very important. Joint health impacts our overall wellbeing, independence and quality of life – but with the right tools, knowledge and resources, our mobility and independence can be maintained as we age.
In this course you’ll learn about:
- Shoulder health and activities you can do to help maintain good joint health.
- How using different mobility devices, like manual wheelchairs, may impact your joint health as you age.
- How to optimize your wheelchair propulsion to help limit shoulder and joint strain.
- Spasticity and ways it can be treated to optimize joint health.
- The importance of exercise to promote joint health, along with tips on improving range of motion.